Safely connect a generator with the transfer switch rebate
- The transfer switch must be installed by an electrician according to the National Electrical Code.
- It must have a center “off” position.
- Once installed, Dawson PPD personnel will inspect and test the switch to ensure it is working properly.
- A mechanical interlock does not qualify for the rebate.
- Compliance with Dawson PPD’s Standby Generator and Transfer Switch Installation Policy.
The rebate for transfer switches is $200 for a 100-amp switch or $300 for a 200-amp switch. The rebate applies to switches installed on April 1, 2011 or later. For more information about the rebate program, click here.