Rebates for Energy Efficient Upgrades
Doing your part just got easier.
Dawson PPD teams up with Nebraska Public Power District to offer customers incentive payments for improving energy efficiency. Our goal is to use our resources wisely — to keep costs low and to control greenhouse gas emissions.
We offer several different incentives available at this time.
High efficiency heat pump incentive or low interest loan
- We give you two options — choose the one that best suits your situation. Either way, Dawson PPD also will give you $100 per ton of cooling for a system that qualifies for the loan or rebate. (Example: A 2.5 ton unit equals $250.)
- A PDF format form is available for each heat pump:
- To keep your heat pump or air conditioner running efficiently, it should receive periodic tune-ups by a trained professional.
- If you have six or less inches of insulation in your attic you may qualify for a rebate when you add six or more inches of insulation. To qualify you must have a heat pump, electric furnace or permanently installed electric heat (baseboard, radiant, etc.).
- Incentives available for those whom install an air source or water/ground source heat pump water heater.
- Tax credits are available from the U.S. government for several types of energy efficiency upgrades — from heating systems to home improvements (insulation, windows, doors, etc.)
- For businesses from small Mom & Pop operations to major manufacturers. Click on the links to learn more about commercial lighting or commercial HVAC. Custom incentives are also available. Please call 800-752-8305 or email bsvoboda at dawsonpower.com for details.
- Some irrigation energy efficiency improvements may qualify for an EnergyWise incentive payment. If you made improvements to your irrigation equipment or are considering it, please contact Dawson PPD for more information.