Transfer Switch Rebate
Safety for you… and our linemen.
Dawson PPD offers a rebate to customers who have a transfer switch (also called a double-throw switch) installed so they can safely connect their generator for use during a power outage.
A transfer switch is important because it does not allow power from the generator to flow back through the meter and transformer and out on the power line. If a customer’s generator sent power back on the line, it could kill linemen who are making repairs to the line.
- The transfer switch must be installed by an electrician according to the National Electric Code.
- It must have a center “off” position.
- Once installed, Dawson PPD personnel will inspect and test the switch to ensure it is working properly.
- A mechanical interlock does not qualify for the rebate (see diagram).
- Compliance with Dawson PPD’s Standby Generator and Transfer Switch Installation Policy.
The rebate for transfer switches is $200 for a 100-amp switch or $300 for a 200-amp switch. The rebate applies to switches installed on April 1, 2011 or later.
For more information about the rebate program, contact Dawson PPD at 308-324-2386 or 800-752-8305.