Thank you for your interest in renewable generation. While Dawson PPD does not generate power, we are interested in renewable energy resources and the benefits they offer our customers.
Dawson PPD purchases power from Nebraska Public Power District. NPPD uses renewable resources such as wind and hydro to provide power to the state’s farms, homes and businesses. To obtain more information about their generating resources and their plans for renewable energy in the future, visit NPPD’s website.
In addition, Dawson PPD has a Net Metering Policy that allows customers to generate power for their own use on their own property to offset their power usage and any net excess power can be credited to a customer’s account. Information on distributed generation systems size 25 kW and under can be found below or by calling Dawson PPD for details. For anything larger than 25 kW, please contact Dawson PPD for more information at 308-324-2386.
Renewable generation process for 25 kW and under
- #1 Become informed
- #2 Conduct an initial sizing and cost evaluation
- #3 Collect quotes from contractors
- #4 Complete and submit the Dawson PPD Net Metering Generation Application for Interconnection
- #5 Receive approval of the Dawson PPD Net Metering Generation Application for Interconnection
- #6 Review financial assistance opportunities
- #7 Install the system
- #8 Request an electrical inspection (required by law)
- #9 Request final approval for connection to Dawson PPD by signing an Interconnection and Service Agreement
- #10 Apply for tax credits
- Generation equipment and mounting hardware
- Electrical wiring, panels and conduit
- Safety mechanisms
- Installation and electrical wiring labor
bjohnson (at) dawsonpower.com
Attn: Bobby Johnson
PO Box 777
Lexington NE 68850
WHEN REQUESTING AN ELECTRICAL INSPECTION, please be sure that the application indicates that you wish to receive an Approval Notice. Having a copy of the Electrical Inspection Approval Notice will help avoid delays with connecting your renewable generation system. A copy of the Approval Notice must be provided to Dawson PPD.
Next, sign a Dawson PPD Interconnection and Service Agreement and then Dawson PPD will perform a system Verification Test Procedure. Upon successful completion of this test, approval will be given for the connection of the renewable generation system to your electrical service. After approval, the customer will move onto Dawson PPD’s Net Metering Rider Rate. Copies of the Net Metering Rider Rate may also be requested by calling 308-324-2386.
Back to top
Dawson PPD’s net metering report as of March 1, 2017:
- Dawson Public Power District has 9 net metering qualified facilities.
- The total estimated rated generating capacity of qualified facilities is 82.16 kW.
- The total estimated net kilowatt-hours received from customer-generators is 22,127 kWh.
- The total estimated amount of energy produced by customer-generators is 65,553 kWh.