Maybe you’ve seen the solar ads on social media. Perhaps you’ve been contacted by a solar installer. Be cautious before buying that sales pitch. If you have questions regarding installing a solar system, call Dawson PPD. We will provide you with a realistic estimated energy savings, best practices for installation and how to select a reliable solar system installer.
Dawson PPD has a Net Metering Policy that allows customers to generate power on their property for private use and to offset power usage. The following information is for distributed generation systems size 25 kW and under.
- Become informed
- Conduct an initial sizing and cost evaluation
- Collect quotes from contractors
- Complete and submit the Dawson PPD Net Metering Generation Application for Interconnection
- Receive approval of the Dawson PPD Net Metering Generation Application for Interconnection
- Review financial assistance opportunities
- Install the system
- Request an electrical inspection (required by law)
- Request final approval for connection to Dawson PPD by signing an Interconnection and Service Agreement
- Apply for tax credits
Contact Bobby Johnson, Energy Services Specialist, for details at 308-324-2386.
As our reliance on electrical items grows, so does our need for uninterrupted power. Unfortunately, power outages happen. If you’re in the market for a generator, here’s some things to consider before making your purchase. Which electronic devices do you want to...
There’s no such thing as a private life if you are registered to any social media sites. A Google search of my name came up with no less than 403,000 results. While a great majority of the results were related to work, there were many reflecting my personal/private...
New construction crew foremen trucks have arrived at Dawson PPD, and they're a bit monstrous. The commercial-grade CV International trucks are listed as medium duty with a gross vehicle weight rating of 23,500 lbs. Dawson PPD crew foremen previously drove a Dodge Ram...