A licensed electrician can help with a variety of home projects from lighting upgrades to full renovations. Keep the following tips in mind if you’re looking to hire an electrician.
- Hire a licensed, qualified electrician for the job. Look for a master electrician to manage the project. Master electricians have the most experience and will often oversee the work of a journey-level electrician or apprentice.
- Make sure the electrician is insured. Seasoned electricians know the importance of protecting themselves in case of an accident.
- Read all the reviews. Hire an electrician that has several positive reviews – not just one or two. Read reviews on different sites, like Nextdoor, Yelp and HomeAdvisor, and consider asking your neighbors for recommendations.
- Determine your budget. Get two quotes. Knowing your budget upfront helps move the process along. Prices can greatly vary, so get multiple quotes (at least two).
- Talk timeline. Some electricians accidentally overbook projects. If your job is time-sensitive, convey that early on and discuss a realistic timeline with the electrician.
Dawson PPD’s locally elected board of directors is charged with representing the interests of you and your neighbors, family and friends while upholding their responsibilities. I
Take control of your utility bills this heating season. Learn more about attic insulation and if it measures up.
Dawson PPD awarded three $100 Visa gift cards to customers who enrolled in paperless billing.