A licensed electrician can help with a variety of home projects from lighting upgrades to full renovations. Keep the following tips in mind if you’re looking to hire an electrician.
- Hire a licensed, qualified electrician for the job. Look for a master electrician to manage the project. Master electricians have the most experience and will often oversee the work of a journey-level electrician or apprentice.
- Make sure the electrician is insured. Seasoned electricians know the importance of protecting themselves in case of an accident.
- Read all the reviews. Hire an electrician that has several positive reviews – not just one or two. Read reviews on different sites, like Nextdoor, Yelp and HomeAdvisor, and consider asking your neighbors for recommendations.
- Determine your budget. Get two quotes. Knowing your budget upfront helps move the process along. Prices can greatly vary, so get multiple quotes (at least two).
- Talk timeline. Some electricians accidentally overbook projects. If your job is time-sensitive, convey that early on and discuss a realistic timeline with the electrician.
Insulating your electric water heater could reduce standby heat loss by 25-45%.
Let’s work together for a safer, more dependable power supply. If you see something that concerns you, please don’t hesitate to reach out by calling us at 308-324-2386. By keeping an eye out for hazards and reporting them, you become an essential part of our team, and your efforts help us serve you better.
Dawson PPD’s locally elected board of directors is charged with representing the interests of you and your neighbors, family and friends while upholding their responsibilities.