Response to the pandemic situation
MARCH 17, 2020, 1:15 p.m. — Dawson PPD has plans for operation throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Although the situation is constantly changing, we will continue providing safe and reliable electric service. We understand the importance of having power, especially if you are caring for an ill family member at home.
- If outages occur, we will restore electricity safely and as quickly as possible. Although we do not anticipate problems, spring storms in Nebraska can cause outages. We will be following normal utility line work procedures.
- In the event of a major storm that causes widespread outages, please be patient when you call to report. It may take longer to process your calls. Remember we cannot process outage reports via email or social media. If you get a busy signal, wait 15 minutes and try your call again.
- Our offices are closed to walk in visitors at this time. Dawson PPD accepts several forms of payment: mailed checks, payments by phone and our e-bill program, SmartHub. Please use these convenient methods.
- If you have a concern about paying your bill, please contact us. Call 308-324-2386.
- Be aware that scammers will try to take advantage during this crisis. If you receive a suspicious call or email about your electric bill, call Dawson PPD before paying. Be aware that scammers will use click-bait, which is content that attracts attention and encourages viewers to click on a link, to mislead you or possibly infect your computer of device with a virus, malware or ransomware.
- Dawson PPD is following state and federal guidelines for dealing with the pandemic. We get guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the World Health Organization.
- We are committed to serving our customers while protecting the health and safety of our employees and the public. If the situation merits, we will prioritize the essential work of keeping the power on and may delay lower priority work.
Dawson Public Power District employees and directors thank customers for their patience and understanding.
For updates: visit DawsonPower.com; or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.