Make a Payment
Online Bill Pay
Dawson PPD offers SmartHub service to our customers who want to pay their statements electronically. To use this option, you need to know your account number and the name on your account.
Convenient Options just for you
Dawson PPD accepts cash, checks and credit and debit cards with a variety of payment options:
at the Lexington office:
75191 Rd. 433, Lexington, NE
PO Box 777, Lexington NE 68850
Mailed payments must reach our Lexington office by the due date. Plan accordingly. Dawson PPD is not responsible for mail delays.
By Money Transfer
Through the secure money transfer network, MoneyGram
- Use the BLUE form to pay at a MoneyGram location
- Receive code 15266
- You will need your Dawson PPD account number, cash to pay your bill and $1.50 for the fee to use MoneyGram
By Recurring Bank Drafts
Recurring bank draft payments by stored banking or credit card
PREPAID ELECTRIC ACCOUNT OPTION
Prepaid metering is a pay as you go electric service. You pay in advance for the electricity you will be using. Use an app, the internet or an automated phone system to monitor your balance so you know when to add funds. Your bill is calculated daily.
Pay on your schedule – daily, weekly or monthly – just maintain a prepaid balance.
- It costs $125 to start a prepaid account ($50 deposit + $75 for power).
- If your balance drops below $20 credit, you’ll receive an alert.
- If the account drops to a $0 balance or below, it will be disconnected at noon on days when Dawson PPD’s office is open. Once you pay, the power can be restored
- There are no reconnect fees, but your payment must bring the balance up to $50 credit or more.
- This offer is available to Dawson PPD customers on the General Service and General Service-Electric Heat rates.
- Billing options can be changed following established guidelines.
- If you are currently a Dawson PPD customer with a traditional account, contact the billing department to talk about transitioning to a prepaid account.
- Renters must receive approval from their landlord before participating.
Prepaid service documents
Need help with bills?
Weatherization Assistance Program
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program installs energy efficiency measures in the homes of qualifying homeowners free of charge. The Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska administers these funds. The mission of WAP is to reduce energy costs for low-income families, particularly the elderly, people with disabilities, and children, while safeguarding their health and safety.
Weatherization is available to homes that are owned or rented (with landlord permission), and the structure may be frame or mobile.
- Furnace & water heater inspection (if found unsafe, it can be repaired or replaced)
- Adding insulation in attics and walls
- Attic ventilation
- Insulating crawl spaces
- Installing water heater jackets
- Insulating water heater pipes
- Weather-stripping & caulking around doors, windows, and general heat waste areas
- Repairing broken windows and doors (possibly replacing them, if determined cost effective by the National Energy Audit)
Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska
Dawson, Gosper & East Frontier Counties
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Department of Health and Human Services Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program helps low income households pay for heating and possibly cooling their homes based on need. It does not pay for all energy costs, like security lights, and will most likely not cover the cost of the entire utility bill.
- The household must already qualify for heating assistance through LIHEAP
- Includes a household member who:
- Is 70 years old or older, or
- Is a child under the age of 6 that receives ADC (Aid to Dependent Children), or
- Has a severe illness or condition which is aggravated by extreme heat as verified by a medical statement signed by a licensed healthcare provider.
- DHHS has purchased an air conditioner for the household within four years of the current application date.
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services ACCESSNebraska
- ACCESSNebraska Website
This is a partial listing of aid agencies. Others may be available.
75191 Rd. 433
PO Box 777
Lexington, NE 68850
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.