Safe Decor for a Happy Holiday Season
It’s almost time to deck those halls! Statistics show that home fires and electrical accidents typically increase during winter months, so keep these holiday lighting tips in mind for a safe holiday season:
- Consider purchasing LED lights, which use less energy and run cooler than traditional incandescent lights.
- Never mount or support light strings in a way that might damage the cord’s insulation.
- Make sure that cords are not pinched in doors, windows or under heavy furniture, which could damage the cord’s insulation.
- Always unplug electrical decorations before replacing bulbs or fuses.
- Turn off all indoor and outdoor electrical decorations before leaving home or going to sleep.