A licensed electrician can help with a variety of home projects from lighting upgrades to full renovations. Keep the following tips in mind if you’re looking to hire an electrician.
- Hire a licensed, qualified electrician for the job. Look for a master electrician to manage the project. Master electricians have the most experience and will often oversee the work of a journey-level electrician or apprentice.
- Make sure the electrician is insured. Seasoned electricians know the importance of protecting themselves in case of an accident.
- Read all the reviews. Hire an electrician that has several positive reviews – not just one or two. Read reviews on different sites, like Nextdoor, Yelp and HomeAdvisor, and consider asking your neighbors for recommendations.
- Determine your budget. Get two quotes. Knowing your budget upfront helps move the process along. Prices can greatly vary, so get multiple quotes (at least two).
- Talk timeline. Some electricians accidentally overbook projects. If your job is time-sensitive, convey that early on and discuss a realistic timeline with the electrician.
Don't be misled by aggressive sales tactics. Contact your local public power utility to walk you through the solar process, including: Discussing solar options currently available. Determining if you are a good fit for solar. Discussing real costs and return on...
Never connect a standby generator into your home’s electrical system. There are only two safe ways to connect a standby generator to your equipment.
Mutual aid is electric utilities helping each other in times of need. The beauty of mutual aid has several connected facets.