A licensed electrician can help with a variety of home projects from lighting upgrades to full renovations. Keep the following tips in mind if you’re looking to hire an electrician.
- Hire a licensed, qualified electrician for the job. Look for a master electrician to manage the project. Master electricians have the most experience and will often oversee the work of a journey-level electrician or apprentice.
- Make sure the electrician is insured. Seasoned electricians know the importance of protecting themselves in case of an accident.
- Read all the reviews. Hire an electrician that has several positive reviews – not just one or two. Read reviews on different sites, like Nextdoor, Yelp and HomeAdvisor, and consider asking your neighbors for recommendations.
- Determine your budget. Get two quotes. Knowing your budget upfront helps move the process along. Prices can greatly vary, so get multiple quotes (at least two).
- Talk timeline. Some electricians accidentally overbook projects. If your job is time-sensitive, convey that early on and discuss a realistic timeline with the electrician.
Learn how to save money and energy this holiday season.
Nebraska was recently named the best state for power grid reliability by U.S. News and World Report.
Dawson Public Power District’s board of directors voted to approve the 2024 budget at their meeting on November 1. The district is planning for $61 million in expenses, which is about a million dollars less than the projected costs for 2023. The directors discussed...