Youth Energy Leadership Camp
Application deadline is April 27, 2020.
Camp dates: July 20-24, 2020
Open to high school-aged freshmen, sophomores or juniors
Located at the Nebraska State 4-H Camp in Halsey
Looking for adventure and a little spark in your summer vacation? Consider attending the Nebraska Rural Electric Association Youth Energy Leadership Camp!
Open to any high school freshman, sophomore or junior with an awesome personality, excellent leadership potential and an interest in the public power industry, you’ll hang out with more than 60 other teens from Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota and Colorado.
Prepare to have your mind blown as we teach you about electricity and the electrical utility industry, take you on tours through power-generating plants, let you experience what it’s like to campaign for and serve on a board of directors and show you how lineworkers get the job done.
- Tours of Gerald Gentleman Power Station & Kingsley Hydroelectric Power Plant
- High voltage trailer demonstration
- Utility pole climbing
- Workshops & presentations by regional experts
- Canoeing/Sports tournaments
- Talent show
In addition, three campers will be selected by their peers at the end of the week to represent Nebraska on a FREE trip to Washington, D.C. during the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association’s Youth Tour in 2021.
YELC is held at the Nebraska State 4-H Camp in Halsey, Nebraska. Don’t worry about the cost because Dawson PPD will sponsor you all the way. Bonus: Your parents will thank you from the bottom of their wallets. Space is limited, so don’t hesitate to turn in your application.
Please submit your application form by April 27, 2020.
- Only high school-aged freshmen, sophomores or juniors will be considered.
- Dawson PPD will sponsor up to three teens to attend YELC. This includes meals, lodging and transportation to/from camp. Sorry, snacks are on your own.
- Winners will be notified by May 11, 2020.
- If chosen, we ask that you write a short essay on your experience and submit some pictures for our monthly newsletter.
- Applicants and/or their parent/guardian(s) must reside within Dawson PPD territory boundaries or in one of the following towns:
We're sorry. The application period has expired. Please try again next year!